Friday, June 18, 2010

Living On The Edge

Well, this is my first blog... EVER! I'm kinda excited because I've never done anything like this before. You see, I'm not one of those people who can just sit down and write in a journal... I can write songs, that's it, but once I'm at a computer it's a different story. Maybe I'm secretly afraid of messing up and having to start over on a new "piece of paper" (haha Psychology in college messes up the ability to think regular non-analytic thoughts about any situation)

So the other day I went to the movies with my family, which got me thinking about some of the movies I love to watch. When I watch a movie, I lose myself in it, let myself be taken in as one of the characters and then have that aweful sinking feeling once it's all over...
I love life, don't get me wrong, but I just get so bored with my personal one sometimes.

Most of the movies I get into have dangerous situations; now when I say this, I don't necessarily mean physical danger, love can be dangerous too! I find myself in situations like jumping from a plane that is about to explode, running from cops, finding romance in the middle of a zombie fight or pirate war, being able to jump through time, falling down a hole into a magical/terrifying world of creepy cats and crazy guys with weired hats who drink tea, falling in-love with some random vampire who could potentially kill you at any moment, or even being able to fly on a magic carpet with a blue genie... Now I'm not crazy, I know when to "snap out of it," i know the difference between fantacy and reality, but let me explain why I get so into these scenarios:
Think about your favorite action movie, favorite comedy, or even romance? Now think of how it ends... does it end horribly? I DOUBT it... All these movies that invole high-risk life threatening moments, or complications in a relationship that no one would normally be willing to work through, or crazy-awesome stunts that you wouldn't dream of pulling... These fictitious characters have NO consequenses in the end... NONE... It always works out in the end. Imaging being able do to whatever you want and always get away with it!

"Ok so you just blew up a ship, but since you're so cool and did it with flare, we won't charge you with any of the damages (just put it on my tab)."


"Ok so you just interrupted my wedding to tell me you love me... Well of course I love you too! Lets get married... TODAY!"


"Ok so you just got shot at by hundreds of marksmen... Lucky you didn't get hit...


........ get my flow?


At the end of the day I'm SO happy with the life God has given me, and I think I would get bored if no-one ever cared about my reckless actions. That's the most exciting part! Having cops looking for you and only just getting away with it, letting yourself fall for someone who may not be the person everyone else wants for you, or even something as small as waiting until the night before it's due-to do an important paper. These thrills and "unknowns" are all part of what makes life interesting and exciting! Knowing that if you mess up, someone will call you out on it, or at least say SOMETHING...

And you know what: even with all these boundaries, I still have loads of crazy things I can do without getting into too much trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment